UK Jobs

Religious worker visa | Temporary T5 Work Complete Guide

A very important piece of good news for those who want to come to the UK, work and better their lives here. You can come to the UK through this new visa, I am going to introduce it to you today. With this new visa, you won’t only be able to work, study and bring dependents. But you will also have the option to renew the visa as many times as you want and obtain your ILR, and citizenship if you meet the requirements. I am going to tell you everything about this visa. 


Religious worker visa | Temporary T5 Work Complete Guide


I will mention the eligibility criteria, who can apply, the financial requirements, and how to apply for this visa. If you want to work in the UK for a short time, or a long time, and obtain ILR, then you could be eligible for the religious worker visa, which replaced the T5, temporary workers, religious visa. 


What is the religious worker visa? 


Recently, temporary work visas were replaced in the Tier five temporary work visas that we call religious work visas. This visa allows us to stay in the UK for any purpose (work study residency business) for up to two years.


The extension of this visa is also possible in case you find a better job opportunity and you want to stay for more time or you should consider the ministry of religious visa instead. Also, within the UK visa, you can continue your studies. Find a new job in the same category on the same level as the job for your living. You can work up to 20 hours per week in any type of job on this visa.

 Who qualifies as religious workers? 


As a successful candidate To qualify for the religious worker visa, you should have a job offer initially in an eligible role. 


Only three categories of works can be considered as eligible for this visa, they are Religious workers undertaking & supporting activities. These activities must be done without leading a congregation in performing religious rites, rituals and preaching the essentials of the creed. 


It’s important for you to be foreign employee in the same work you plan to do in the UK while Visiting religious work visa , you must also be employed abroad, and have still continued your employment. 


Which type of religion are eligible to apply?


This could include immunistic communities of monks, nuns, and similar religious communities. 

Eligibility requirements. 


Some other eligibility requirements that you must meet them to move to UK for the religious worker visa are Listed Below;


  • You must Have a job offer to work in the same category you are working in your country and have relevant experience.
  • Age should be more than 18 
  • You must Have valid certificate of sponsorship. 
  • In case of any misleading activity, you must have enough money to support yourself, you will need at least £1,270 in your bank account to prove that you can support yourself financially whilst in the UK. 


Can I bring dependents with the Minister of Religion visa?


 With the Minister of Religion visa, your parents and children are allowed to come to the UK. Your spouse, civil partner, or unmarried partner will be considered independent. your children are under the age of 18 or if they’re born in the UK during your stay or your children if they are over the age of 18 years, but currently present in the UK will be considered as your dependent.

Can you obtain ILR with the Minister of Religion visa? 


If you live in the UK for five years with the Minister of Religion visa then you have a right to obtain indefinite leave to remain. Other requirements to obtain ILR include. Passing the life in the UK test. Meet the English language requirement B1, B2, C1, or C2. You still meet the sponsorship requirements.


How to apply for the Minister of Religion visa?


 To apply for the Minister of Religion visa, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below;

  1. First, you need to Submit an online application at the UK Government’s  official website. 
  2. You must provide your personal information in English. 
  3. Then Upload the required documents. 
  4. You must submit electronic files of the required documents when applying online. 
  5. Pay the fees as requested. 
  6. You must pay the application fee and the healthcare surcharge when completing the online application. 
  7. Book an appointment at a visa application center. You can find the nearest VAC for you by checking the find a visa application center on  
  8. Provide the additional documents. 
  9. Once you have completed, your visa application will be processed. 
  10. The home office will make a decision about you within three weeks.


We hope this information helps you to get your UK Tier five religious worker visa to move to the UK, which can enable you to bring dependents and gain ILR if you plan to make the UK your home. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *